AmWINS Group, Inc. (“AmWINS”) has been a leader in the wholesale insurance industry since its formation in 1998. The firm is headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina and has 108 locations across 17 countries, including 78 in the United States. The firm has expertise across a diversified mix of property, casualty and group benefits products. AmWINS also offers value-added services to support some of these products, including product development, underwriting, premium and claims administration and actuarial services.
With more than 3,300 employees, AmWINS is an amalgamation of 30+ wholesale brokerage, underwriting and group benefits operations which have been acquired over the course of 12 years. The firm currently receives more than 675,000 submissions a year from retail insurance agents across the United States. More than $10.2 billion in premium placements makes AmWINS the largest wholesale broker in the U.S. as ranked by Business Insurance magazine. AmWINS has extensive relationships with more than 20,000 retail insurance brokerage firms and more than 1,500 insurance underwriting firms.
Recent recognition for AmWINS:
- Ranked the largest P&C wholesale broker in the U.S. by premiums placed (Business Insurance, September 2014)
- Ranked the largest wholesale broker (P&C and benefits) in the U.S. by premiums placed (Business Insurance, September 2014)
- Charlotte Business Journal Fast 50 (2010, 2011, 2012)
o #1 fastest growing company in Charlotte by dollar revenue growth (2011, 2012)
- Ranked #15 on the Best’s Review’s 2014 list of top global insurance brokers (ranked by prior year annual revenue)
- Ranked #11 on the 2012 North Carolina Mid-Market Fast 40 (Business North Carolina's ranking of the fastest growing middle-market companies in NC based on combination of workforce and three-year revenue growth)
- Ranked #9 on the 2014 Grant Thornton North Carolina 100 (largest privately held companies in NC based on revenue)
- 2009 Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Winner (Financial Services Category) – Steve DeCarlo, CEO